Tuesday, February 17, 2009

REALLY HATING the moviegoing experience

Okay, so it was bad enough having to go see that stupid Valentine's 3-D ''horror'' movie with my bf---but I'll be fair--since I'll be dragging him to see Harry Potter 7 this July...but the sucky movie isn't the issue here...it's the movie going EXPERIENCE. You spend way too much on junk at the concessions---I don't, I always bring my own stuff---then you sit in a disgusting theater with sticky floors covered in candy wrappers, gum (or pray tell what else) under your seat, leftover food garbage, tissues, the list goes on. Then you have to deal with idiot teens who don't know how to shut the hell up, are constantly playing with their cellphones--the glaring blue lights in the dark are really irksome--the occasional screaming little kid or baby, and I swear on my life--wherever I sit, there's some loud asshole not too far away that completely annoys me, EVERY TIME we go to the movies, or someone taller than me that sits IN FRONT OF ME!!! It's just another reminder as to WHY I don't bother, and just wait for the movie to come out on DVD. If my bf didn't want to go see that drek of a horror flick, it wouldn't have bothered me a bit. And when it comes to seeing HP, I always wait at least two weeks so all the crazy kids can get it out of their system, and check out a theater far away. *sigh* it's so ridiculous to have to go through crap like this...!!!

3 comments:

  1. I try to avoid going to the movies. I hate sitting behind someone annoying, loud or tall. Plus, paying too much for a ticket and the snacks. I can wait til it comes out on DVD and experience the movie from the comfort of my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on this. I hate going out to movies now. That's why I have the Movie Network on my tv at home. I don't mind waiting a couple of months to see a movie.
    One thing that bothers me is people discussing what they have just seen "what did he say?"...turn up your hearing aid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh, people talking in the theater drives me NUTS, lol. The movie theaters in general are so disgusting nowadays, from being unclean to the people attending them. Believe me, I do try really hard to wait a few weeks when a movie comes out before I attempt to watch it, so the experience won't be as horrendous, but it won't be much longer before I decide to just chuck moviegoing altogether and wait it out for DVD.

    ReplyDelete