Saturday, April 3, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Is it me, or does anyone else feel like Tim Burton was latched to Disney's ball-and-chain when he did this movie??!?! Ugh. I felt like I was trapped in a weird CGI world, unable to escape. Nothing's wrong with a little bit of eyecandy, but I felt this movie was overkill. I did like some of the characters though, like the TweedleDee and Dum, the Cheshire Cat, and the March Hare. Helena as the red queen and her big-ass head had me chuckling with her monotonous "Off with her head!" line, and Jonny Depp was just freaky as all hell. I did like his take on The Mad Hatter though, although I could hear little snips of "Willy Wonka" and "Jack Sparrow" in his voice sometimes, lol. I liked his makeup, too. But his eyes turning red whenever he got pissed? That was a bit freaky too, lol.

I SWEAR if Tim was given total creative freedom, he could have made this look was darker than it was, but I guess Disney was telling him to keep it kid-friendly. *Sigh*

Sayit with me guys...'Disney is evil'!!! lol! I'll give this a B- *grin*.

No comments:

Post a Comment